The main objective of the SWING project is to provide a complete study of a HF radio connection among ECIs having capabilities to exchange minimum but essential information.
The SWING network will supply a backbone functionality only for most critical and relevant data. Since HF communications have very low bit rates, the interoperability is thought to be restrained to systems that require the exchange of small amount of data.
This project intends to:
- study internet communications criticality;
- analyze the requirements necessary to ECIs management and control;
- develop a communication protocols in order to define standard software and hardware tools supporting reliable and interoperable Short Wave radio communication techniques for ECIs protection;
- study the frequency management system taking into account the special characteristics of the ionospheric channel;
- design a radiocommunication architecture for a distributed short wave radio network.